- I think a failsafe outfit for absolutely any girl is a black dress with black shoes, and coloured tights inbetween. Red, teal, purple, any colour works and it always looks awesome.
- A belt can add a pop of colour right in the middle of a black dress, and also serves to accentuate a slim waist, if you have one.
- You don't have to add colour if you don't want to, but if you're going all black, perhaps do something interesting with your textures instead. Try leather with chiffon, or jacquard with lace.
- Try wearing over-the-knee socks with a short black dress, perhaps layered with tights if it's chilly. LBDs are great to wear with statement footwear, as its colour ensures your shoes steal the show.
- As well as the usual cardigans, try wearing a blazer, cape or leather jacket over your dress.
Thursday, 20 June 2013
Little black dress
Whenever someone asks about wardrobe essentials, some of the answers are always the same: a pair of well-fitting jeans, some sturdy but versatile boots, and of course, a little black dress. Everyone and their next door neighbour's dentist has probably something to say about styling a LBD, but here are some of my favourites.